<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6667958\x26blogName\x3dJust+Shoot+Me\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://sodabottle.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://sodabottle.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3915831345667505297', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Just Shoot Me

Bala, 28, Gordon Gekko in the making, pseudo-intellectual, cynic, bibliophile, obsessive compulsive ranter...

@Home

March 16, 2009

I am living at home after eleven years. I get free food, free internet, free laundry, free everything and i have gained a couple of kilos in a week. I get woken up in the morning and taken for a walk. I also get woken up in the evening and taken for a walk. After three years of living alone in an apartment with a TV and laptop for lighting, i suddenly find myself living with two surprisingly interesting people.

And talking about surprises, i have had more conversation with my dad in one week than the whole past decade put together. For two guys whose relationship was being primarily driven by mutual disrespect we are doing great. I have to seriously reevaluate my take on him. I mean, any guy who can discuss keynesian economics with me ought to be a swell bloke. Proximity sure does brings out the best in both of us. Living at home is definitely agreeing with me..;-)

Labels:

posted by Bala, 9:43 AM

6 Comments:

I m dinesh . So u really enjoying ur new environment . Here we miss u some times. Then when u woke up in morning, as like madurai 7 to 8?
commented by Blogger DIN, 4:55 PM  
Wow Bala that sounds so good! I wish I could stay at home with parents more often. I have felt that as we grow older(and wiser), we do see things from the parents' point of view and the relationship with them becomes better!
commented by Blogger Shilpa, 10:56 PM  
As one grows old, we become them.
commented by Blogger Chenthil, 1:00 PM  
Shilpa,

in my case older is certainly not equal to wiser ;-). I now consider my parents as my new roomies (the ones that pay the rent) and it has made all the difference ;-)
commented by Blogger Bala, 2:10 PM  
Chen,

Thats creeps the bejooses out of me ;-)
commented by Blogger Bala, 2:10 PM  
Come on! How long will you runaway from the fact that you are your father's son and would eventually tilt his way!
commented by Blogger Shilpa, 9:55 PM  

Add a comment