<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6667958\x26blogName\x3dJust+Shoot+Me\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://sodabottle.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://sodabottle.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3915831345667505297', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Just Shoot Me

Bala, 28, Gordon Gekko in the making, pseudo-intellectual, cynic, bibliophile, obsessive compulsive ranter...

Being judged by my torn jeans

December 04, 2006

Had a rather curious experience today. I went to the local ICICI Bank branch for getting a doubt clarified (about creding money to an NRE account using a third party cheque). I went in around 10 PM and looked around. There was no one in the NRI services counter, so i went to the only free person available - the bank manager. I said i wanted to open an NRE account (now that was the first thing that came to my mind). The guy looked up and down at me and asked yarukku? (for whom?). I stammered brotherukku. The guy looks at me nakkala and says appo avara vara sollunga (then ask him to come). I explain, i just want to know the procedures to open the account. He took one more look at me and says sonna ungalukku puriyadhu .(you wont understand). I persist illa sir, sollunga. He refuses flatly and says website la pathukka sollunga... website... website. At this point i realised, he is basically shooing me off and came out.

This is what has happened - the frigging pen pusher idiot has taken in my crew cut,unshaven face, torn jeans and decided i am not worthy of talking about an NRE account. Might have thought of me as a monday morning savugrakki. since i left my IT job, i have been dressing down and usually look like an errand boy these days. I now realize how much importance gets given to the clothes - look dumpy and even a middle management asshole in a dead beat job wont give you the time of the day.
posted by Bala, 4:01 PM

5 Comments:

Wait until you try to take out your money. I had to sign my own signature 10 times before they decided that I need to meet the manager and sign a few times more. Having the passport with me or the indian or US drivers license didn't help much... where are these guys from ?
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 11:10 AM  
Wait until you try to take out your money. I had to sign my own signature 10 times before they decided that I need to meet the manager and sign a few times more. Having the passport with me or the indian or US drivers license didn't help much... where are these guys from ?
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 11:17 AM  
yeah! ICICI has also become bureaucratic like PSU banks.
why dont u report it to higherups in ICICI, let them know what this highly paid assholes are doing
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 11:53 AM  
I dont agree with you dude. Its not about the clothes, its about your attitude which determines your altitude. From what I read here, you just gave in humbly to a guy who was just trying to avoid doing his work. You actually enabled him I feel. You are the one who's more concerned about you clothes and your looks here.

Tell me why didn't you use your mobile phone in front of him to call up some higher-up dude of ICICI then and there and make a complaint. They even have a complaint register in every branch. Or what the heck, you could have insisted that he provides you service and told him straight on his face that ICICI site sucks...

I'm not vakkalathu vangufying for ICICI, I know their attitude stinks. I guess if you are not forceful enough and act the paavam guy just b'cos you left your IT job and wear torn jeans, then you deserve hat you got.

My two sense...
commented by Anonymous donthecat, 6:29 PM  
why is this bcos ICICI has opened too many branches has too many customers right now. he doesn't want you to open yet another a/c. lot of paper work you see.
Only the Br Manager will be interested in the business bcos only he will get a rise for improving business by showing numbers to the super boss. on the other hand dude at the counter gets only crumbs, why work for your boss's promotion. 'Tournament Theory' at work.
Shoo away new customer cos' we already have enough!
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 1:06 AM  

Add a comment